Monday, May 3, 2010

Conversation from David

David: I was born on my Daddy's 30th birthday. My earliest memory is Douglas Street.

In Sweetwater Mom was scared of a storm. She put Billy in a five gallon bucket and took me buy the hand to walk to Grand Daddy Young's house.

We lived on a house near Longworth. We had a water cistern on the back porch. Mom got water to bathe from the cistern. I was finding frogs in each bucket. I didn't want to wash with water.

Harrell: We borrowed water from town for drinking. We had the cistern tested, and it failed the safety test.

David: Same location Daddy had some fighting chicken's. One red roster always tried to attack me and Billy. I found that throwing rocks scared the chickens

So one day the chicken got me and Billy stuck in a corner. I picked up a brick and walked towards the chicken. The chicken walked back as I walked forward so I thought of a plan. The next day i told Billy lets go to the pig pen.

I took a brick with me we went to the pig pen. I told Billy let’s wait for the chicken. As the chicken approached I held up the brick as I walked forward. He walked back. He walked under the electric fence and the boar pig and ate him up.

Harrell: I remember the huge boar and the chickens. That was the 3rd farm near Longworth. The owner of the farm had a gas station on Sweetwater’s main street right downtown. His name was Mr. Smalley. He had a horse in the pasture. If we could corral him we could ride him. We rode him many times.

David: I never told Dad what happened to his prized roster but he found the feathers and he said that was one mean chicken but he was stupid to get in the a pig pen

Harrell: David? What do you remember about the day Billy was killed? I know it is very sad story. You don’t have to tell it. I will tell what I remember if you want me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment